Supporting People in Crisis
Citizens Advice Rushmoor has been supporting local people in crisis in Aldershot and Farnborough for 80 years this coming September – but the devastating impact of Covid-19 on everyone’s lives means they are needed now more than ever before.
Their professionally trained staff can provide expert advice on issues such as accessing the latest Government support packages for Covid-19, benefits, employment advice, housing, debt and much more – all issues at the top of people’s worries and anxieties right now.
Following Government advice, the local offices have temporarily suspended face-to-face services and have been working tirelessly to move all staff and volunteers to delivering advice services from home.
As a result, they are now able to offer their expert advice services to all local residents via Adviceline, email and webchat plus a new local Call Back Service.
The new Call Back Service enables Aldershot and Farnborough residents to call a local phone number, where they can leave a message with their name, phone number and brief description of their query, and a trained adviser will call them back as soon as possible.
Alex Hughes, Citizens Advice Rushmoor’s chief officer said: “I have never been prouder of how all our staff and volunteers have come together. The team is playing to their many strengths, to ensure the technology, systems and advice skills are matched to the needs of the community. The commitment from our volunteers has been outstanding.
“We’re all working extremely hard to ensure everyone in the team stays abreast of the latest information, with constantly changing news announcements and legislation. We are also working closely with local charities and community response groups to get the right help to those who most need it.
“There’s no doubt that this will be an extremely challenging time for everyone in our local community, but our message is this: We’re still here for you, whoever you are, and whatever your problem. We’ll continue to adapt and offer new services to meet your advice needs through this challenging time.”
To contact us, the following information should be used.
- 0300 3309 046 for general advice, available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (calls charged at local rates). Through this number, local volunteers link with the wider Citizens Advice service to ensure maximum response rate.
- 01252 513051 for local help and call backs
- 01252 894280 Nepali Language Adviceline – set up to meet specific local needs
- 0344 8477 727 Hampshire Macmillan Citizens Advice Service for anyone affected by cancer
- 0800 1448 444 Freephone Universal Credit Help to Claim line
- 0808 2231 133 Citizens Advice Freephone Consumer Helpline on or chat online to an advisor on our website for advice on consumer issues (e.g. issues related to products or services purchased)
- People can chat online to an advisor by visiting citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us