Governance Support Volunteer
Citizens Advice Rushmoor has an active and very effective Trustee Board, which is legally responsible for the governance of our organisation.
We are looking for someone who can work with our employed Company Sectary to support the work of the trustees and help maintain their good governance.
This role will be an excellent opportunity to develop or maintain your skills with particular focus on the compliance with charity law and governance requirements
The role will include
- Assisting with regular communication with trustees
- Maintaining and updating our specific trustee records
- Assisting with preparing and follow up work for trustee meetings including the Annual General Meeting
Main duties and responsibilities
To work with the Company Secretary
- To assist with the regular communication with Trustee Board members of Citizens Advice Rushmoor
- Provide administrative and practical support for arranging and running all trustee meetings including committee meetings
- To ensure that the Trustee SharePoint calendar and site is maintained and kept up to date
- To provide administrative and practical support for arranging and running the organisation’s Annual General Meeting, including attendance at the meeting
- To assist with the recruitment and induction of trustee board members
- To assist with communication with the members of Citizens Advice Rushmoor
- To assist with membership related events
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues
Personal skills and qualities
- understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service and its equality and diversity policies
- organisational and administrative ability
- good IT skills
- time management and ability to work within key deadlines
- minute-taking experience, if this is not being delegated to other staff
- excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
You can download our printable application form here.
Or complete our online application form here.
If you require further information or to submit an application form via email please contact email@example.com
We value diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.